hist-brewing: Opinion

Deborah Wood garwood at CAM.ORG
Wed Dec 13 05:57:30 PST 2000

I'm not sure you would find a large market for historical brewing
ingredients.
Personaly, as bolth a modern and historical brewer I like to contol as
much as possible my sources for herbs and other ingredents,  I believe
in  fresh and if possible organic producs.. I own a 90 acres of very
wild land, and last summer
I  obtained  several plants of myrica gale which grows in northern
wetlands.
My husband was kind enough to me back a big bag of myrica from a fishing
trip in northern Québec where he drove to the end of the road and then
took a plane farther north.
I was able to start a mini plantation of this plant and several other
common gruit herbs.
This is labor intensive. I also am able to harvest my own spruce and
some other tree essences for the shaving ales fresh from my land
Deborah Wood