hist-brewing: Opinion

NeophyteSG at aol.com NeophyteSG at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 18:58:27 PST 2000

In the few wonderful months that I've been a member of the list -- my
gratitude to all of you -- I've noticed a reoccurring theme:  Where do I find
[fill in the esoteric brewing ingredient (e.g., bog bean)]?  I'm going to be
moving onto a 4.77 acre property in about nine months.  My question is this:

How much use do you think brewers would have for a web-based business which
offers organically grown historical brewing ingredients?  Things like malted
and traditionally roasted grains, gruits, etc.  My thought is that since I'm
going to be growing the gruits for myself anyway, it wouldn' t be that much
cost or effort to build a larger greenhouse.  Likewise, a larger kiln since
malting and roasting are also on the agenda.

While I have my own list(s) of odd ingredients, I'd also appreciate hearing
your particular wish lists.

Warm Regards,
Shawn