hist-brewing: Renfrow on gruit ales

Crystal A. Isaac xtal at sigenetics.com
Mon Oct 23 17:06:18 PDT 2000

I am neither a toxicologist or a herbalist but I assure you pennyroyal gets
its fair share of bad press. Pennyroyal is a charming little mint that can,
in concentrated form, induce miscarriages. Like most abortifcents, it works
by being slightly more toxic to a fetus than to a grown woman.

I use it, I'll even nibble leaves right off the plant when I'm working in
the garden (I eat the basil, too), but I don't use lots of it at once in any
dish or brew.

--------
Crystal A. Isaac
"Are you offering me the dreary exile of your imagination?" - Jean Genet,
_The Maids_