hist-brewing: Sweet gale?

adam larsen euphonic at flash.net
Sun Oct 22 10:20:21 PDT 2000

    Myrica gale has been used commercially recent in the United States to
produce a couple commercial ales with no apparent concern.  I understand that an
American home brew magazine had a little article about gruits, using Myrica
gale, and that plenty of  folks already made the drink based upon the recipe
without concern.  In sweden and Norway it's called "Pors" and used in various
distilled drinks with no concern.  I no nothing about wormwood other then that i
am told it's  a good anti-bacterial agent so i can't comment.