hist-brewing: guit odds & sods

Joe Knapp jmk at copperas.com
Fri Oct 20 10:59:19 PDT 2000

I notice from doing web searches that there are at least two different
herbs which have been called "marsh rosemary." One is Ledum palustre
(marsh tea, marsh rosemary, Labrador tea). See
http://copperas.com/ledupalu.jpg

Another is a completely unrelated plant, Limonium carolinianum (sea
lavender, marsh rosemary). See
http://www.ct-botanical-society.org/galleries/limoniumcaro.html

How can one be sure one is getting the plant used in gruits of old?

Joe