hist-brewing: book reviews, etc

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Tue Oct 10 10:40:59 PDT 2000

> Be sure to check http://www.amazon.com for reviews and a price
> comparison of these or any books.

There are a bunch of book reviews on the historical brewing webpage:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/brewing.html

I'd love to have more specific reviews of books on that page.

As for price comparisons, Amazon only tells you about their own
prices. There are many web services that compare multiple on-line
shops, and you'll rarely find that Amazon is cheapest. For this Annie
Prolux book, dealtime.com found a used copy for half price, and 3
bookstores cheaper than Amazon.

And, on an off-topic note, Amazon is currently being boycotted by a
few computer people (like your friendly listowner) because of the
anti-competetive actions Amazon is taking with their "one click"
software patent. Not that I'd pay extra to order from them anyway...
I'm far too Scottish!

-- greg