hist-brewing: Brandy

Brenden McDonnall wizz at sisna.com
Wed Sep 20 23:28:45 PDT 2000

As a lad, I was given blackberry brandy for certain ills.  I'm unclear whether
this was made strictly from blackberries, or was grape brandy to which
blackberries or blackberry flavoring had been added.
    On the subject of brandy, I had, before I began brewing, always understood
brandy to be the product of wine that had undergone distillation.  Since I
started brewing, I've run across several recipes for brandy which essentially
treat it's creation the same as any other wine.  What gives?

McDonnall