hist-brewing: moon phases

Elizabeth England-Kennedy lizek at antioch-college.edu
Mon Sep 4 17:54:10 PDT 2000

It also has to do with the drawing power of the moon. For example, some
recipes for fruit extractions call for the moon to be waxing because the
"enlarging" of the moon empowered the liquid to extract more of the
flavor. The waning moon was more a time of resting and consolidation.
Also, certain plants & parts of certain plants were (and in some nature
religions still are) thought to be tied to certain phases of the moon
(roots to new moon, for example). The annual cycle is connected in similar
ways.

Liz EnglandKennedy