Argyle Wolf-Knapp argyle at excite.com
Mon Sep 4 09:56:07 PDT 2000

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 04:00:01 -0700, hist-brewing at pbm.com wrote:

>  From: "John Beckett" <devjohn at earthlink.net>
>  Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 10:18:41 -00
>  Subject: hist-brewing: Moon Phases
>
>      Greetings, I have a question I would like answered.  In several books
>  have, There is reference to bottling during certain phases of the moon.
>  Most of them are obscure, so I was wondering if you could enlighten me.
>  Thank you  "Just John"
>
>  - --- John Beckett
>  - --- devjohn at earthlink.net
>  - --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

I wish I knew them, myself. In the Foxfire books (collections of Appalachian
lore) there are numerous references to doing various things (especially
planting) in specific phases of the moon. I'd check the local library to see
if they would have the books.

In volume 1 ("The Foxfire Book"), there is a section on planting by the
Zodiac, which mentions the phases of the moon in some as relevent. See pages
212-227.

Good luck.

Argyle
Greenwich Morris Men (USA)
Harpies Molly (NYC)
"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture"
- Laurie Anderson