hist-brewing: Milk Fermentation

NeophyteSG at aol.com NeophyteSG at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 16:58:38 PDT 2000

Several nomadic races fermented milk into an alcoholic beverage.  Does anyone
know the process they used?  While I realize it's not exactly "historical",
my thought is to incorporate nonfat milk (as opposed to just lactose) in a
fruit wine primary/secondary in the hope of deriving a "fruit and cream"
finished product.  Any and all thoughts would be welcome.

Warm Regards,
Shawn