hist-brewing: Newbie Questions

Robert P Davis scabrewer at juno.com
Thu Aug 24 16:29:55 PDT 2000

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:20:24 -0500 Jerry Harder
<mastergoodwine at alltel.net> writes:

>Robert P Davis wrote:
>
>>  Personally, I kind of like the uncertainty of allowing indigenous
>> microbes flailing about at will in a beer; makes be feel like a
>>"real" spontaneous-fermentation brewer.  But to each his own.
>
>Here in the US that will get you aboue a half inch of blue green and
>yellow fuzz
>that smells.  The only thing that will make you feel is real sick!

Undoubtedly.  But I like the *idea*!  ;-)  I've said before, I think it's
a damned shame we haven't the same kinds of beasties wafting about in our
American atmosphere as Belgium does. :-(

Pax,

	-B

Robert Davis: Brewer, Historian
Robert fitz Thomas: herald, scribe
Dolor est fugax. Gloria perennis. Puellae
cicatricibus gaudent.