hist-brewing: Hvalba Ale & Mumm'

EFOUCH at steelcase.com EFOUCH at steelcase.com
Tue Aug 22 13:20:00 PDT 2000

"A further source of
information comes from a contemporary English merchant named Arthur
Denby of  who died in Sandvik in 1497 but whose birth date is not listed
in church records.   His rather fragmentary logs and surviving shipping
manifests indicate he purchased 30 barrels for import to Stromness and
Kirkwall in 1391."

Dude lived to be over 100 years old?!?
I thought the average life expectancy in the 1400's was, like 15!

Eric Fouch
PDT&L
4-2408

------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )---------------------