hist-brewing: corks

Steven Sanders geigertube at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 06:01:08 PDT 2000

I think bleach would be a really bad idea... It seems
to me it would soak into the cork and slowly be
leeched out into your mead. Yuck. I steam the corks
for about 15 minutes myself, or others soak in sulfite
for 15-30 minutes.

Regards,

Steven

--- Steve Call <massmeister at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all, just about ready to bottle, but.......how
> do I "clean" the corks.
> I mean do I simply soak them in bleach and them wash
> thoroughly? or does
> somebody out there have a better idea?
>
> Ciao,
> Steve

> hist-brewing-digest, if
> you get the digest.) To contact a human about
> problems, send mail to
> owner-hist-brewing at pbm.com

=====
Space Art for Space People
http://www.studiosputnik.com
we are in orbit

Cthulhu for President in 2000 : Why vote for the ~lesser~ of two evils?