hist-brewing: something floating

Steven Sanders geigertube at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 13:16:30 PDT 2000

Hello..

I recently made a batch of missouri blue vine mead, I
used the pasteurization method, with a gallon and 1/2
of honey and used champaign yeast. It seems to be
going along okay, but there is some sort of
particulate matter floating up top. it seems somewhat
whiteish around the edges where it gathers just enough
to see it. I can shake it up, and it will regather up
top again in a few hours. It doesnt seem to be
growing, at least not rapidly. I was wondering if this
could be wax, or something nastier? I dont smell
anything obviously off, so I thought id pick everyones
brain and see what you thought..

Thanks!

Steven Sanders

=====
Space art for Space People
http://www.studiosputnik.com
we are in orbit

Cthulhu for President in 2000 : Why vote for the ~lesser~ of two evils?