hist-brewing: Root Beer

Dennis W. Mattison (LittleWolf) mattison at webovision.com
Mon Jul 17 19:35:54 PDT 2000

Don't know the difference.  Shouldn't be much difference.  If the taste is the
same, then chances are the carcinogen levels are the same as well.  But like I
said before, I don't believe it is harmful, as we, unlike the poor lab rats
fed
saffrol on a daily (or hourly) basis, do not eat that much saffrol.  Anything
in large amounts is harmful.

BTW, found the book, it wasn't "Brewing Root Beer," it was "Homemade Root
Beer,
Soda, & Pop" by Sephen Cresswell.  It has a section on the dangers of saffrol,
and covers the alternatives.  (I'm moving, so most of my beer brewing books
are
packed away.

- ---
Dennis W. Mattison (a.k.a. LittleWolf)
homepage=www.webovision.com/mattison, hobbypage=www.darkdungeonsbrew.com
This message is signed. Please check the signature to assure its validity.