hist-brewing: champagne yeast

BrewInfo brewinfo at xnet.com
Mon Jul 17 14:26:15 PDT 2000

Scotti writes:
>   Wonderful!  Champagne yeast is supposed to add little or no flavor
>of it's own, but obviously some taste buds are more discriminating than
>others.  I've been using Wyeast's "Dry Mead" and it seems to speak to
>my taste buds, but I'll be interested to hear what you settle on.

If I recall correctly, Wyeast's "Dry Mead" is none other than the Red Star
Champagne yeast strain, just in liquid form.

Personally, I prefer Premier Cuvee wine yeast for meads, although it
requires some kind of finings or about two years to clear.  I haven't
yet figured out which fining to use... I have several to choose from.

Any suggestions?

Al.

Al Korzonas, Lockport, Illinois, USA
korz at brewinfo.org