hist-brewing: Sweetening meads and hydrometer questions

Magnus the Black jcorvo at swbell.net
Sun Jul 16 21:03:25 PDT 2000

I made a nice dry sparling mead with red star ale yeast. Several people
liked it at least those who like dry meads. Ive made a couple with
champane yeast since then and they are good but they have a much higher
alcohol content. In fact one of those actually looks and smells like
brandy with a sort of brandy mixed with honey flavor.

Lord Magnus the Black