hist-brewing: Root Beer

Bob Skilnik toddlintown at mediaone.net
Thu Jul 13 05:18:30 PDT 2000

As I recall, sassafras roots are no longer used in the
production of root beer in the U.S. About 30 years ago or
so, they were determined to be carcinogenic (cancer
causing). You might want to verify this, but I believe this
info is correct.

Bob

--
Tour Capone's Chicago breweries. Come to
www.chicagobeerhistory.com/ChicagoBeerTours.htm and join our