hist-brewing: Ulla Ostergaard's Table Ale - birch bark, mash schedule

NATHAN T Moore NTMOORE at SMTPGATE.DPHE.STATE.CO.US
Tue Jul 11 10:30:42 PDT 2000

> I had a tough time figuring out what a "pellet" as it is not listed any of my dictionaries...

Sorry for the confusion, sometimes it is hard to know which words travel well.  Actually, the way my birch bark was sent, and likley how others will be if they order it from a herb shop as this is also the way other barks such a willow and cherry come in the US, is not as a pellet, but shapped as a pellet, but still a solid peice of bark.  They are about the same shape as common hop pellets but about half the size.  Imagine a bag full of bark peices about the size of larger peppercorns.

Nate