hist-brewing: Bog bean

adam larsen euphonic at flash.net
Sun Jul 9 12:50:21 PDT 2000

Hello,
    I have written quite a bit about this herb in the past so i would suggest
that you check the archives at: pbm.com/lindahl/brewing.html.  Basically, Bog
Myrtle is not a bittering or anti septic agent while Bog Bean/Buck bean
(Manyanthes trifoliata) is.  More often then not you'll find Bog Bean in low
German, Baltic and Nordic recipes.  Both Bog bean and Bog Myrtle are used
together in the same gruit as they compliment each other quite well.