hist-brewing: Lady of Clare ale

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 19:13:18 PDT 2000

NTMOORE at SMTPGATE.DPHE.STATE.CO.US writes:

>  >    I think I already reported that I made five gallons of Lady of Clare
ale
>  >(9# pale two-row, 3# malted oats, no hops or gruit, but boil wort for 1
hour
>  >after normal mash and sparge) which rated Superior at Kingdom >A&S.
>
>  Scotti, how long did you age this ale for and what yeast did you use?
    I kegged it (and bottled the A&S stoneware grolsch-type bottle) on a
    Friday one week after brewing, jumped in my car and drove six hours
    to the A&S site.  Can't get much younger than that.  However, as I've
    indicated, the CO2-purged keg remained sweet and delicious until we
    killed it two weeks later.
    Yeast was Wyeast #1275 Thames Valley.

> Did you end up with any off flavors from contamination?
    None I could detect, or that anyone, including Kingdom-level judges,
told me about.  Altogether very satisfactory.  8-)

    Scotti