hist-brewing: odds & sods

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 17:28:58 PDT 2000

euphonic at flash.net writes:

> - I was also wondering if perchance any of the SCA members out their
>  have made any old style flat & young ales that they enjoy?  If so i
>  would be interested in hearing what recipes they used and how it tasted.

    I think I already reported that I made five gallons of Lady of Clare ale
(9# pale two-row, 3# malted oats, no hops or gruit, but boil wort for 1 hour
after normal mash and sparge) which rated Superior at Kingdom A&S.  My
Lady liked it (key point), and the audience finished the keg at the
Caledonian Society of New Orleans' dinner theatre "Evening in the Great Hall"
medieval
supper.
    Scotti