hist-brewing: references/recipes needed for some brewing

Chris Peters celticbard at cyburban.com
Mon Jul 3 09:42:46 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the list!
      Up unto this time my brewing has been using modern
recipes. I would like to start entering
some of my craft into SCA brewing competitions. One of the
things that will get points taken
off of one's brew is documentation. Where can I find
references/recipes for beers/ale pre 1600?
Any and all help is appreciated. thanks in advance!