hist-brewing: Ulla Ostergaard's Table Ale - historical notes

adam larsen euphonic at flash.net
Fri Jun 30 16:15:41 PDT 2000

    It's a curious twist of  history that the Cathedral underwent
additional construction after the Bishop's death at the behest of the
crown council, i.e. the vestigial Alting, at the urging of the Church
for
several generations.  The project became pointless however as the locals
attended the older St. Olav Church which was built in 1111.
The project was revived again much latter but it ended when an avalanche
wrecked the west wall in 1772.  The Church sized another nearby church,
St. Brendan, and dedicated it to Erlendur in 1420 which long ago fell
into
the sea.
    The misfortune surrounding these projects makes me think that when
love and piety are separated from such endeavors can only result in a
miserable weave.