hist-brewing: potatoes

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Thu Jun 29 15:48:59 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/28/00 2:17:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
smcdaniel at pru-nw.com writes:

> I'm not trying to
>  make a 7 or 8% beer with a  3 to 5% beer flavor. I just want a beer that
>  tastes like a beer with a little higher alcohol content. If I'm trying to
>  make the wrong kind of beer with an increased alcohol content please feel
>  free to make suggestions

    Now that's a worthy question, though that beer would not be to my taste.
    Sometimes we ask the wrong question, because we think we know the
direction the answer should take.  I didn't recognize this as one of those
cases, but I'm glad Steve did.  8-)
    Scotti