hist-brewing: potatoes

Thea & Jeff tsand at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 29 08:14:57 PDT 2000

Our local homebrew store carries dried rice extract in one lb. bags. The
only drawback that I have found to using it is a residual cloudyness to
the beer that never completely settles out - even with irish moss or
other clarifying agents. It is however, an effective and economical way
to "boost" the alcohol level of the beer without adding more malt flavor
or heavyness.

Thea