hist-brewing: potatoes

Kirsty Pollock kirsty.pollock at mpuk.com
Thu Jun 29 00:40:55 PDT 2000

I have no trouble making 6-7% beer that 'tastes like beer' - but you
probably wouldn't like any of it as it does tend to be reasonably bitter.
However having spent my time drinking 'real ale', that's what i think
'tastes like beer'. My beers tend to be reddish or dark and full  with a
distinct hoppy flavour. i also do lighter ones for summer incuding an IPA
(which takes AGES to get to best flavour).

Can you give us an example of the recipes you are using or have you already
and I have missed it?

Kirsty