hist-brewing: Newbie Questions

ALBATRS890 at aol.com ALBATRS890 at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 12:12:30 PDT 2000

>  >I would like to use mullberries, strawberries, apricots, red currants,
>  >and plums for wine...any dangers in using these fruits?  anything I
>  >should look out for?  problems I might encounter?

Berries should be sterilized than added to the second fermentation.

Stone fruits should be pitted, than mashed & sterilized  than added to second
fermentation. in a grain bag. Or else you never get it all out.

to Sterilize just bring to 175 F. or else you start releasing pectin, & it
will never clear.

To find fruit handeling info look under fruit Meads