hist-brewing: Greetings!

PBLoomis at aol.com PBLoomis at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 11:00:16 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/13/00 7:51:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
scabrewer at juno.com writes:

> Reconstitute and boil for 10 minutes 1.25 cups dry malt extract
>  in a quart of water; add this to the bottling bucket like any other
>  priming sugar.  IMO, it gives a quite pleasant mouth-feel.

    I primed two batches with reconstituted DME several years ago,
and my Lady and I agreed they tasted Off.  A side flavor like bad
molasses.  My local brew club couldn't taste the problem.  May be
one of those things where only 20% of the populace can taste it,
but for us it's a no-no.
    Anybody else have this problem with DME?
    Scotti