hist-brewing: Mum Ale

BrewInfo brewinfo at xnet.com
Wed Jun 7 11:42:24 PDT 2000

My memory isn't as great as it used to be, but I faintly recall a
recipe for Mum Ale or Mumm Ale in "Old British Beers and How to Make Them"
compiled by Dr. John Harrison and the Durden Park Beer Circle.  Published
by the Durden Park Beer Circle, I believe... somewhere around 1992 or 1993.
It's available at many homebrew shops.  I'd do a web search for the title
to find a retailer.  It's a nice little 50- or 75-page booklet in which
Dr. Harrison has converted old recipes he extracted from old brewery logs
and libraries and converted to homebrew-sized batches (most are for 1
Imperial Gallon).

Al.