hist-brewing: Re: Saint Arnold

Jeff Renner nerenner at umich.edu
Wed Jun 7 05:58:47 PDT 2000

PBLoomis at aol.com writes

>Now I've
>got some specific days on which to brew ... er... celebrate the feast of
>some venerable gentlemen.  ;-)

Here's a third (or forth) candidate, which the Germans and German Americans
seem favor, St. Gambrinus, name corrupted from Jan Primus, or Duke Jean the
first of Brabant.  Can't seem to find anything else in a hurried look
through all of these brewing books I have around here, but I know I have
more.  There is a brewery in the Czech Republic named after him.

Jeff

-=-=-=-=-
Jeff Renner in Ann Arbor, Michigan USA, c/o nerenner at umich.edu