hist-brewing: honey

adam larsen euphonic at flash.net
Sat May 27 16:47:56 PDT 2000

    In light of  the post below it would appear that simpler vintage
recipes need be placed in this forum.   Certainly I've sent in stuff
that may discourage some of the readership.  I believe i'll hunt about
for some stuff that should not dismay brewers such as Millicent to
pursue the joys of obsolete brewing.
	Hence, next up i'll focus on a decent, but simple table ale and a
shavings one.  Perhaps some one could post a nice Watkins style recipe?
After all  we should, in my opinion, encourage the brewing of  all
obsolete ales, not just the exotic ones, so as to further the cause of
good ale and amateur antiquarianism. Hopefully our British readers will
have suggestions with regards to the honey
issue she raises.