hist-brewing: heather honey?

NeophyteSG at aol.com NeophyteSG at aol.com
Fri May 26 11:47:04 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/26/00 3:22:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
polrena at hotmail.com writes:

> I forgot to mention that I'd love to find it whole comb...which
>  Castle-mark does not provide.  I'm with you, Shawn....anyone in Europe
care
>  to let me purchase about that amount from you?

I figured I'd found yet another kindred soul on the list ... there are so
many.  However, your request for whole comb leads me to believe that you've
taken "being there" to new heights.  Let me guess, you're going to extract
your own for that real period feel.  My, aren't we feeling ambitious!? :)

I hate to rain on your parade but, short of growing a field of heather and
planting a hive in it, you're going to have a hard time getting access to
raw, whole comb heather honey here in the US.  Because it would be
unpasteurized (read, "potentially carrying biological organisms of foreign
origin") I'd lay money that the Department of Agriculture doesn't allow it to
be imported.

At this point, I'd be willing to take a gallon of heather honey, even
pasteurized, from the UK (ideally Scotland for me) but could be anywhere, and
at a reasonable (for me) price.

Warm Regards,
Shawn