hist-brewing: marshmallow & rye

Eylat Poliner allotta at earthlink.net
Sat May 20 08:38:47 PDT 2000

Mashmellow is a root spice.  The extract of which was mixed with sugar and gum
arabic to make the original taffy-like sweet.
Many speciality spice companies will carry this root.  If your in the LA area,
Herb Products in North Hollywood carries it.   I am certain that the San
Francisco Herb company will also carry it (you can mail order).
Hope this is helpful.