hist-brewing: Manx Ale book

adam larsen euphonic at flash.net
Thu May 18 13:00:27 PDT 2000

    While ago i sent out requests for translators for a book written in
the Manx dialect entitled "House Brewing Fine & Forgotten Ales" by Tadhg
Rhys and printed in 1845.  I just wanted to let everyone know that i
have retained the services of  an eminently qualified translator/brewer
who has started work on the project.  Also, funds needed for
translation, re-publication and other associated costs have been
secured.
    I wanted to express my gratitude for the numerous helpful
suggestions provided by the readership.   Your support had been
pleasantly unexpected.
    The book should be republished in roughly one year.  It will be made
available in a print run of 1100 cloth backed copies will the original
text and translations as well as modern English notations meant to
assist the home brewer.  The cost will be 10 pounds plus postage.  I f
all the copies are sold the folks who contributed will be reimbursed.
No profit what so ever will be realized by anyone connected with the
project.  I'll provide more information when i have it.