Randy Mosher rmosher at 21stcentury.net
Wed May 10 07:18:10 PDT 2000

My information on Yarrow says:

"May cause a sensitivity in sunlight and artificial light, in which the skin
breaks out and swells. The FDA data bank, PAFA, has not yet done a toxicology
literature search on this food additive."

(A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, 1994 edition; Ruth Winters)

For commercial beers using any seasonings, fruit, etc, require a "Statement of
Process" to be filed with them. They would be looking most to see if the
ingredients are approved  or are on the GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) list
from the FDA.

There are no limitations on quantity on any seasonings I know of. They're either
OK or not.

For homebrew, you're free to put strychnine in it if you so desire.