hist-brewing: Licorice

JazzboBob at aol.com JazzboBob at aol.com
Sat May 6 08:25:51 PDT 2000

I have a perennial herb growing in my garden that is called ANISE-HYSSOP or
LICORICE MINT. Official name is Agastache foeniculum.  It's not real
licorice, but has a beautiful licorice like aroma and flavor with a bit of a
minty and lemony underlying scent.  It's easy to grow.  I've often added a
bit to my porters at the end of the boil to add some pleasant aromas.  It
makes a delicious tea.  And I use it in my homemade rootbeer.
Bob Grossman