hist-brewing: pre 16th century Beer/Ale recipies?

DJ Sable (aka Badger) djsable at home.com
Mon May 1 18:51:14 PDT 2000

Hiya, I am looking for documention, or references to books that contain
recipies or sketchy ingredient lists for beers or ales.  I am specifically
looking for NON english recipies..  :)  I got a bunch of english recipes.
Some friends have challenged me to find a beer recipe for 15th century
Bruges, and I want to be able to accomodate them.

I would love references to recipes for the following cultures..

- German
- French
- Flemish

thanks in advance.  and this is for Beer/Ale not meads or wines.

badger (note the new email address for this list)