hist-brewing: SCA compat Judging Forms

Crystal Isaac xtal at sigenetics.com
Tue Apr 25 16:01:42 PDT 2000

The West Kingdom A&S judge sheet can be viewed at
http://www.west.sca.org/arts.html. There was another A&S sheet designed just
for brewing contests, but I don't know if it's still in use (Allen? Are you
out there anywhere?).
I thought we had the brewer's guild judge sheets up on the same site, but I
guess not. If you can view the attached word file, it's an older version but
close to the judging forms we're still using.

To my experience, people care less about the forms and more about the
comments. Recently we've been making the judges put their names on the judge
sheets so if they make inscrutable comments they participant can track them
down and ask questions. Personally, I've *way* more inclined to participate
in contests where I get comments back.

Crystal of the Westermark (the ex-head of the westie brewers' guild)

--------
Crystal A. Isaac
"Ninety per cent of true love is acute, ear-burning embarrassment." --Terry
Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters, 1990