hist-brewing: gruit ales

aodhfionn at unforgettable.com aodhfionn at unforgettable.com
Fri Apr 21 09:39:56 PDT 2000

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:20:06 -0600, adam larsen <euphonic at flash.net> wrote the
following:

>    After a great deal of  tinkering and research i've finally figured
>out how to make  a few different ales that  seem to be similar to what
>unhopped ales of old were like.   Because i've not seen any postings on
>unhopped ales of  late i'm not sure if your readership would be
>interested in my findings.  Please let me know if you think the
>information would be worth posting.  If it is let me know where to send
>it.

</lurk>
Please.  I'm hops intolerant, so the gruit ale discussions I have seen on this
and a couple of other lists have been of great interest to me.  I am
particularly interested in recipes based on those from Ireland England and
Scotland, but any would be appreciated.

Since I'm standing here blinking in the light, can someone tell me what books
I'd should look into for this subject?

Thankee,
Finn
<lurk>