hist-brewing: malic acid vs. acetaldehyde/"stale"/seeking publications

Wade Hutchison whutchis at bucknell.edu
Fri Apr 7 07:39:55 PDT 2000

FYI, and you probably already know this, but the rest of the list
may not, Greg has a web version of the 1736 edition of the "London
and Country Brewer" (done by Jim Liddil) posted at
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/london/
Another cool web resource is "American Handy Book of the Brewing,
Malting and Auxiliary Trades " by Robert Wahl and Max Henius
Second Edition, 1902, webbed at
http://hubris.engin.umich.edu:8080/Wahl/

Hope these help.
         -----wade