hist-brewing: wild yeast

The Crawleys crawley at worldchat.com
Fri Mar 31 16:01:14 PST 2000

Marty Twombly wrote:

> Has anyone ever experimented with cultivating wild yeast?
> and what would the side effect be of mixing yeast (ie. lager, stout).
> Sincerly
>
> Tannim McLlyr
While i have never tried the wild yeast thing I have used two different
yeasts in the same batch of brew. Although it was an attempt to save a
batch of some heavy almost stout like ale that had stuck. The intitial
yeast was a lager yeast and I repitched with a champaign yeast (it was
all i had at hand at the time) and it worked well enough...