BOUNCE hist-brewing: Admin request (fwd)

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sun Mar 26 20:52:38 PST 2000

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:54:42 -0600
From: Jerry Harder <mastergoodwine at alltel.net>
To: hist-brewing at pbm.com
Subject: Fine sediment on clear mead- possible solution

Yes, but meads aren't ports.

I have had the same problems and have recently come upon this solution
which I have not tried but am told it works.  First fine with
bentonite, then after about two weeks, fine with sparkolloid.  Don't
rack off the bentonite.  I believe these two fining agents have
different electrical charges (please someone let me know if I am wrong
here) Anyway I think it is worth a try since someone said it does for
this specific problem.  Let me know how it works. I don't have
anything I can test it on right now.