hist-brewing: American Classic--any commercial brewers?

Donald Beistle dbeistle at arches.uga.edu
Fri Feb 25 11:16:12 PST 2000

Many thanks to Jeff for the elaboration on my own dim recollections of the
Wisconsin Brewers' Guild pre-prohibition project. I still think that
something similar took place last year in connection with the State Fair,
and am certain that Gray's produced a bottled pre-pro lager in 1999
because it was advertised in the Cream City Suds brewspaper. The ad copy
promoted it as a beer "from a time when hops mattered more than hype," or
something to that effect. Sadly, I couldn't find it for sale anywhere on
my Christmas visit to Wisconsin. Here's hoping Gray's will offer it again
this summer.

There may be some info about this at Gray's website:
<<http://www.graybrewing.com/>>

Regards,

Don Beistle
Athens, GA