hist-brewing: American Classic--any commercial brewers?

Jeff Renner nerenner at umich.edu
Fri Feb 25 07:02:03 PST 2000

I mentioned that classic American pilsner (CAP) or pre-pro pilsner was a
recognized style for competition and was winning prizes.  A recent example
from HBD:
******
The 6th Annual Boston Homebrew Competition was held on a snowy
Saturday Febrewary 19th at the North East Brewing Company in Boston
MA.  We had 419 entries this year <snip>

The competition results are posted on the Boston Wort Processors web
page at http://www.wort.org.
Best of Show
1) Geoffrey McNally, IPA, Tiverton, RI (South Shore Brew Club)
2) Ann Whyte, Pre-Prohibition Pils, Essex Jct, VT (Green Mountain
   Mashers)
3) Gary Harstead, Mahwah, NJ, Fruit Lambic
******

Jeff

-=-=-=-=-
Jeff Renner in Ann Arbor, Michigan USA, c/o nerenner at umich.edu