hist-brewing: Birch sap wine recipe]

Jerry Harder mastergoodwine at alltel.net
Thu Feb 24 15:22:22 PST 2000

So with all those lemons and raisins, what's the point?  Without tasting

it, It
seems like it would be a lot less work just replacing the birch sap with
little sugar in water.  I know this sounds like I am being snotty but I
don't
mean it that way.  I'm really curious. I systematically avoid recipes
with
raisins because they inevitably end up with the oxidized sugar flavor
that
all
dried fruit has.  I think if I went to all that work to collect the sap,
would
use just sap, nutrient, acid blend or tartaric acid if necessary, and
sugar.
Then I would have something that taste like the sap, however subtle,
instead of
lemons, raisins, or other fruit.

Master Goodwine