hist-brewing: American Classic--any commercial brewers?

Donald Beistle dbeistle at arches.uga.edu
Thu Feb 24 14:41:41 PST 2000

Yes, a number of Wisconsin micros made CAP/CAL-style beers last summer for
the State Fair. The microbrewers (and some pubs?) had a common tent and
each was supposed to offer a Classic American Lager/Pilsner. Gray's
Brewing, of Janesville, also bottled their CAP and sold it as a summer
specialty brew. I'm not sure if any of the other micros distributed their
CAPs widely, but I recall hearing good things about Capital's CAP.

I'm pulling this all out of memory, so take it with a grain of salt. My
advice would be to go to the Cream City Suds website
<<http://www.creamcitysuds.com>> and search their back issues for articles
on this.

Happy hunting. Let us (well, me at least) know if you get more definite
information.

Prost!

Don Beistle
Athens, GA