hist-brewing: Question re: Documentation for SCA contests

Thea & Jeff tsand at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 24 08:55:07 PST 2000

Good Morning, West Kingdom and Brewers Everywhere!
Hello from the West Kingdom Brewers' Guild.

Attached are the West Kingdom Competition submission requirements. If
the attachment is unopenable, I will send along in an e-mail if you
would like.

As for documentation: If you are using a period recipe - supply the
recipe(s), what you did and why, how you think the beverage turned out
and whether or not you think it is like something that might have been
drunk in period. If you are not using a period recipe,
we need an explanation of the processes you used and why you think that
they are historical in nature, how you think the beverage turned out and
whether or not you think that something like this may have been drunk in
period.  We have had people document
water....historical references etc, but you don't need to go that far.

The March Crown Cordial and Mead Contest is not under the direction of
the Brewers' Guild - it is a private competition held yearly by Lady
Lodema the Potter and is based on taste only....and she has very good
taste.

This year the Brewers Guild is hosting the A&S pavilion for March Crown.
This includes our great Silent Auction, FREE hot mulled cider to all,
FREE brewing handouts and Guild info, our documentation only competition
entries from Lochac, Oertha and the Marches as well as our regular
meeting and competition (Gruit Ales). Please feel free to stop by and
visit with us.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Yours in Service,
Thea of Midvale