hist-brewing: update: following the yellow, brix'd road

Renee Peterson polrena at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 18:25:25 PST 2000

  Wow!  Thank you all so much for your help!  I do see where I went
wrong...my mom has a bottle of commercial honey that says "One cup sugar=3/4
cup honey."  It threw me off.

  For those who were interested, I'm only brewing 3 gallons, not 1 or 5.  (I
learned from my error in brewing too much of a new recipe... any one want 5
gallons of a failed chocolate mead, sans chocolate?)

  Anyway, I added 6 2/3 to 7 lbs honey and got a hydrometer reading of 24
Balling, which is exactly what I was aiming for.  Thanks, guys!

Polrena