hist-brewing: Re: help with brix

-Tevildo. tevildo at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 06:26:51 PST 2000

I think it's rather naive to assume that all honeys are 78% sugars and 22%
water. That leaves no room for any of the numerous other components (don't
bother trying to tell me that amounts by volume are negligible), and ignores
the natural variations between batches. You could, on the other hand, say
that for all practical purposes 4/5 of honey by volume is fermentable
sugars. That I wouldn't have a problem with.          -Tevildo.